F I B E R L A B
The Fiber Lab is an independent study group that provides individual instruction, exposure to contemporary art, experimentation with material and technique and a membership to a maker community.
- Individual tutorials of a myriad of fiber techniques including needlefelting, sculptural crochet, weaving, embroidery and more
- Introduction to alternative materials
- Access to studio tools, books and materials
- Materials included for instruction of new techniques and experimentation
- Gentle peer group consults for feedback and information exchange
- Nurturing environment that encourages risk taking and experimentation
Lots of time for individual instruction. This is an opportunity for those who are new to working with materials as well as the fiber enthusiast who is looking to add to their repertoire of skills.
Several opportunities to participate with classes held biweekly in my studio in Somerville and in a classroom in Weston.
2017 SESSION III - SPRING
May 20, June 3, 17
Every second Saturday 10:00a-1:00p
Miller Street Studios
11 Miller Street, Somerville MA
Cost: $280.00 per three class session
All Levels Welcome!
TERMS: Includes one-to-one consult prior to the start of the class and email support during session. Sessions register in groups of three classes. Makeup opportunity allowed within a session in exchange for a class on the opposite day (Saturdays for Thursday classes and vice versa). Refunds or credits not available for missed classes. Payment in full in advance to reserve a seat. Class size minimum of 5, maximum of 12. Participants have access to in-studio tools while in studio. Tools stay in the studio.